Different Stories

8/27/16

Triple A and Marie J. -Chapter 4

Marie Joanna Adams:

This time, when I wake up, maybe I’ll be back home. This was a crazy Wizard-of- Oz dream and any minute Mom’ll be saying Good morning or Time to wake up. Or maybe it was some kind of a prank Alex played because he can’t get over being shorter than Zack and I. That Munchkin will get a good laugh and I can eat breakfast. That would all be absolutely great! 

I open one eye. No such luck. Oh, well, Alex wouldn’t have been able to pull it off anyway. I sigh and sit up. Honestly, there is no possible way in or out of here. They could have at least put a window in here. But, instead, there are no windows, no doors, no secret underground passage ways behind bookshelves; just me. Well, just me and some cardboard-flavored- cereal, that is. Yay.

~~

Crack! 

I jump right up. What was that? It must be the only sound I’ve heard all day! Okay, what are my options? That sound could be anything. From construction across the street to danger around the corner, I probably shouldn’t get my hopes up. I walk to the nearest wall; Nothing. I run to the other side of the room and press my ear on that wall; still nothing. Please, oh please don’t be construction!  

Thud! 

Footsteps! Really close footsteps! Could it be help? I shouldn’t get my hopes up. It’s probably just some janitor or something. But what if it is help?! I suddenly realize I am bouncing on my toes. I put my feet flat on the ground. But if it is help then- Why am I jumping up and down? Wow, I must be desperate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Place your comment here! (For instance, YOU ARE AWESOME KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK or something like that.)