Different Stories

12/26/16

Time Watch Chapter 5



Chapter 5:

I look around my confinement room. I’m supposed to be interrogated, right? Then where’s my interrogator? Hopefully something will make sense soon. Breakfast, too. The last time I ate was in Egypt. Has it really been that long? I sigh, and plop down on a dark blue couch.

Crinkle. I stand up and lift a small folded piece of paper.
Under the pink polka-dotted couch is a teleportation device. Password is 312. Is this legit? I glance at the described couch. I’ve got nothing to lose, right? I reach underneath. My hands fold over a small plastic rectangle- It feels like a TV remote. I pull it out. This so-called ‘teleportation device’ is a remote.

Maybe they just reused it. That would make sense. They probably took all the wiring out and replaced it with new stuff. I push the buttons, 3, 1, and 2. Suddenly, the sound of screaming alarms fills the air, and I can hear faint footsteps outside the door. I don’t have much time. Then the teleportation-remote starts floating, and since there’s no way I’m letting go, I do too. It’s not as cool as you’d think. Imagine trying to do chin-ups, and the bar floats up, and you can’t let go. That’s basically what was happening here. I couldn’t try to control the remote- It was above my head. Literally.

WHAT IS GOING ON IN THERE?” Sparks yells from behind the door.
“AN INTERROGATION,” I scream, swinging my legs wildly to try and reach the ground. It isn’t working.
“OPEN THE DOOR!” Fred somehow manages to yell and sound perfectly calm at the same time.
“I CAN’T! The lock is on YOUR SIDE!”
“We ALREADY unlocked it! It’s-”
“SPARKS,” Fred shouts calmly, “IF SHE DIDN’T BLOCK THE DOOR, THEN DON’T TELL HER WE CAN’T GET IN. We need to show AUTHORITY.”
WHAT?”
“I SAID that-”
“Oh, NEVER MIND! She’s GETTING AWAY!
“NO, I’M NOT! PLEASE CONTINUE TALKING!” The remote had started spinning in circles, and me with it, which I took as a good sign. If I have a few more minutes, I might get out of here.
“FOR CRYING ALOUD— GET THAT OTHER ONE!”
“You don’t mean the kid we found last night-”
“YES, I MEAN THAT ONE! AND WHILE YOU’RE AT IT, TURN THOSE BLASTED SIRENS OFF.”
“Okay, okay. On it.” Heavy feet race away from the door.

“DOES THIS MEAN I’M OFF THE HOOK?” I shout as casually as I can while I spin crazily around the room out of control. Good thing I don’t get motion sickness easily.
NO!”
“Well, sheesh. . .” Then I need to stop talking, just so I don’t puke. Those spinning rides at Six Flags have nothing on this remote, and if this thing doesn’t teleport me soon, I might get a concussion from all the G-force and whiplash. The preschool-crafts are ripped or falling on the floor, and the candy cane couch is on its side.



Soon, the alarms turn off, and someone starts banging on the door aggressively, but it takes everything just to not let go of the teleportation-remote. The banging turns into a weird buzzing, but that might just be my ears ringing. Then door opens, and... and its Elizabeth. Seeing me, her eyes widen, and she tries to back out, but Fred pushes her back into the room and blocks the door. The buzzing I heard must’ve been the chainsaw Sparks is holding, and the doorknob. Elizabeth looks at me, then at the guards. Finally, she looks back at me, shakes her head, and runs, leaping, and grabbing my feet just as everything goes into a colorful blur. I feel her holding tighter as we spin faster, and then the world disappears.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Place your comment here! (For instance, YOU ARE AWESOME KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK or something like that.)